On September 26 we will release a revamped version of our privacy protection service. It contains significant changes and will comply with upcoming EU GDPR and ICANN policies.
Why you need the new privacy protect service
At Realtime Register we value the privacy of your customers the registrants, by using the new Realtime Register privacy protect services you’ll bring your customers privacy to the highest level possible. Regarding domain names, it will enable you to be GDPR ready, saving you a lot of time in this area.
The new privacy protect service:
- is free! That is, for reselling customers with standard pricing
- protects your customer’s privacy even more effectively
- allows for transfers without dropping privacy protect
- prevents spam for your customers
- is compliant with over 100 data protection laws worldwide.
Current Privacy Protect
New Privacy Protect
|Automatically privacy protect for both the registrant and admin, billing and tech contacts.||Only the registrant has Privacy Protect data, the other contacts have the information of the contacts used by you.|
|Branded form at mydomainprovider.com||Branded email informing a registrant, plus link to email|
|Post transfer out behavior|
|Privacy protect needs to be lifted before transfer out||After a privacy protected domain has been transferred out the privacy protect stays intact, though the information should be changed asap.|
What you need to do
what you need to do after the release on September 26, is:
- Set your customer’s domain status to transfer prohibited* this will prevent that email will be forwarded to the registrant. You need to make sure you have the registrants consent to do so.
- If you want to keep privacy protect for the admin, billing and tech contacts, you need to set these contacts to the same contacts as the registrants.
- Customize the new email template** for your brand(s).
*If you want to transfer a domain out, removing this status will forward emails to the registrant making it possible to receive the outgoing FOA email. The spam blocking effect will be disabled.
**The new email template is for reminding the registrant to have the privacy protect information changed after the domain has been transferred away from Realtime Register. This email will only be sent if the privacy protect information has not been updated to the data set of the new privacy protect provider and still contains our information.
Make sure to pass this information on to the people in your organization responsible for policies concerning registrant information and legal issues.